View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #152
MickMcGeough
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Thanks, Mick. You gave me a bunch of great advice, then I just went sideways and bought something totally random.

$79 (plus shipping and duty) for some Monoprice-branded over-the-ear Bluetooth headphones: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2.

I ordered them on Friday and received them on Monday, which is insanely fast for Monoprice (you can choose DHL as the shipper now and they're so fast compared to UPS for the same price).

Anyway, I've only had last night to play with them, but I think I made the right call in choosing Bluetooth over ANC. It's really cool listening to headphones sans wires, and just the passive noise cancelling nature of OTE headphones blocks out a ton of noise. These headphones also have a micro SD slot that can play .mp3 and .wma files which would be a cool way to save battery on your phone on a trip or something.

As for the sound quality, it seems pretty decent, but I don't have a lot of experience with listening to different headphones so I can't compare them in any really meaningful way. They definitely sound 10x better than the buds that came with my iPhone or S3, but maybe that goes without saying for OTE. Straight up, you'd have to have pretty crazy expectations to be disappointed in what you get for such a great price on these. Check out the reviews on Monoprice, though, as most people that know more than I do seem to like them as well.
So, what I'm taking from this is that your wife is now the proud owner of a Sennheiser set, and you're the proud owner of a Monoprice set.

Seriously though, that set of features in a sub-$100 set is a great deal.

MickMcGeough is offline   Reply With Quote