Thread: YYC news media
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 02:25 PM   #12
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
In our house, our choices come down to what we first knew, so my wife will watch Global because that's what she grew up with whereas I'll watch CFCN/CTV because that's what I was first introduced to when I moved to Canada.

So my wife starts work early and watches Global's breakfast news. She likes the rapport between the various personalities. I'm not up early so no morning news for me.

If our coffee breaks coincides we'll switch on Global's noon hour news.

In the evening time, my wife would have Global on while making dinner, but I'll turn on CTV once I come home/finish work. It's more out of habit really. I like David Spence. I like Ian White's vanilla blandness. This might be out of bounds here but I think Camilla Di Giuseppe is the best looking anchor in Calgary.

Don't watch late night news. I visit CBC for local online news, but never watch their local TV broadcasts. Whatever way they film the studio looks really cheap.

City TV may as well not exist for me. I literally watch nothing whatsoever on that channel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
CBC Calgary Radio for news.

YYScene for local entertainment news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt View Post
I try to keep it simple:
  • Reuters
  • CP
  • AP
  • USA Today
  • Globe and Mail (but paywall)

Plenty of Calgary info in most of those. And believe it or not, there are still journalists in the city who just try to report as accurately as possible. Parts of the Herald/Sun can sometimes be ok but not great. People like Tony Seskus on CBC are the real deal and can separate their opinions from the reporting. He was highly respected in the Herald newsroom.

Smaller places like The Sprawl can be decent but clearly lean in one direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
The "mainstream media" - Globe and Mail, CBC, Calgary Herald, etc
Twitter
The Sprawl
CP obviously
Podcasts -- Real Talk w/ Ryan Jespersen, The Strategists, Daveberta, Political RND, West of Centre, The Breakdown, Herle Burly, The Big Story (more Ontario centric) are a few I have on regular rotation..
Right, but those are for news about Calgary. Where do you get your news about the Calgary Airport? A.k.a YYC.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote