View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #1235
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://kotaku.com/developer-deliver...-ab-1846068713

Developer Delivers Expletive-Filled But Correct Rant About Xbox Series X’s Dumb Name

That’s a ####ing confusing name. What the ####’s going on with Microsoft? They’re losing it, man. What the #### is going on? Like Series S, X, Mex, Next. I mean, who knows this? Come on. Madness. Call it the Microsoft Box and that’s it. I don’t know. It’s a total ####ing mess. Trust me, even them, they’re confused in their offices. What is this X, S...I don’t know, what the ####.

Fares is of course 100% correct and only saying what we’ve all been thinking since Microsoft first revealed its plans to trick confused consumers into buying older, outdated consoles. For anyone who doesn’t live and breathe video games—and let’s be real, some of us who do—The Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X nomenclature is extremely confusing. People thought Nintendo’s Wii U name was a trainwreck, but the Xbox Series stuff is way worse. Just wait until Microsoft tries to release an Xbox Series X Pro.

Microsoft seems to even agree somewhat. “On the pronunciation capability of S and X, I kind of agree they’re not the easiest words to enunciate or letters to enunciate completely, but I think it’ll be pretty obvious when someone goes into the store,” the head of Xbox, Phil Spencer
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post: