Thread: Newfoundland
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:
Default Newfoundland

So I did a quick forum search and found the following threads that offer a lot of great advice on things to do:

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...t=newfoundland

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...t=newfoundland

I had a question about the seasons though. The GF won a trip for two anywhere in Canada, this works out perfect as the only place we really want to go is also the most expensive flight.

The GF is an aspiring CA so she will be writing a big exam in the fall, and starts her study time off in July. Also, busy time dictates she can't leave the office from Feb to April. So we have sometime between the beginning of May and the end of June to make this work. Delaying the trip until the fall is not an option as we will be in Nepal base camping Everest.

We were thinking about May long weekend, so I think this year that will be the 17th. We wanted to go on a long weekend because with all of the days she has to take off for her study leave she really can't afford to use up a lot of holidays. So we figured with a holiday in there, we take off an extra two and that gives us a 5 day trip to make it worth the flight.

Anyone travelled/lived in Newfoundland during this time that can spread a little light on what activities we can expect to be available and limited? Is it that much more worth it to delay the trip until June and possibly lose a day? Would you recommend we have even more time?

Keep in mind I am not a fan of tourists (ya I know I did see the latest South Park), so I do not mind doing the off season.. also we are big out doors people, so while I am excited to tour St. Johns, I plan to spend as much time as possible out of the city.

Another option is we go this winter, between Christmas and (or for) New Years, this would also coincide with our two year anniversary.. and would require no days off as our offices are both closed during this time.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 10-24-2012 at 11:16 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote