View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #194
Funkhouser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Thinking ahead to the new building, I think they need to totally disassociate 'Forever a Flame' with banners in the rafters. 'Forever a Flame' can run along a concourse wall in chronological order - I'd make it an old-school hockey card design; clean, simple, and consistent:

On the other side of the building, recognize individual and team achievements. Get those stupid division and conf. championship banners down from the roof - only Stanley Cups (and maybe President's Trophy) banners are acceptable. Pick a point on the wall - to the left, chronologically acknowledge team achievements (I think only Pres Trophy, Clarence Campbell, and Stanley Cup); to the right do individual player trophies. MacInnis may not hang from the rafters as he should, but at least he'll appear here with his Conn Smythe Trophy. Nieuwnedyk will have his Calder and King Clancy. I didn't think Lanny would be here, but he won the Masterson in '83. Vernon may hang from the rafters and not Kipper, but Miikka will be here with his Vezina and Jennings.

The legends will be recognized in all 3 places. The greats will be in 2. The very goods will be in 1.
I 100% agree with this...

Tier 1: Retired
Lanny
Vernon
Iggy

Tier 2: Individually Recognized in the concourse
Lanny
Vernon
Niewy
Macinnis
Fleury
Iginla
Kiprusoff
Giordano

Tier 3: Team History (Hall of Fame type area with photos, etc.)
Franchise
Inception & Relocation
Corral
Saddledome

Players
Lanny, Vernon, Niewy, Macinnis, Fleury, Iginla, Kiprusoff, Giordano, Nillsson, Mullen, Reinhart, Regehr, Hunter, Backlund, Suter, Loob

Builders
Owners, D.Sutter, Badger Bob, Al Cotes, Bearcat Murray, Ed Whalen, Peter Mahar

Last edited by Funkhouser; 03-21-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Funkhouser is offline   Reply With Quote