View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 10:35 PM   #184
johnnybegaudreau
Draft Pick

Default Some things.

First, Forever a Flame is and always has been one of King's failed Flames babies. Almost as bad as his half baked "Calgary Next napkin plans"

Second, On Kipper - highly doubtful Kipper wants much done If anything he lives was living in Black Diamond (unless he recently went back to Finland which I vaguely recall hearing recently) and he couldn't even show up to the Iggy thing. But Hey. Maybe he'll show up if they retire his jersey.

Third, On Fleury TL/DR - I have strong feelings about this. Growing up Fleury was my hero, I went to his Hockey school in 94. I was given a stick from him personally for going from 12 mins in a drill we did when I was brand new to hockey never done a hockey drill in my life and totally didn't hear what the coach on the on ice session was saying to doing it in 30 seconds by the end of the week. He was so impressed by my success (which he didnt witness because he only did one on Ice session with each group throughout the week) and which was really just a matter of myself getting familiarity with the drill lol--that he decided to give me his stick. Meanwhile, you think that would be the memory that sticks out in my head. But instead it's him staring down my mothers shirt and making ####ty remarks right in font of his own son (who was in my group) and his wife. I followed his career right from day 1 to the bitter end. Even when he left the game despite how it ended despite his piggish behaviour I would have said give him his retirement and lets honour the guys on ice records. But his story sadly doesn't end there and a lot of people don't really know this or knew about this but right after he left Calgary in an interview in one of the papers where he got traded to I cant remember if it was NYR or Chicago. But he basically called Calgary a classless organization and said we were nothing without him and that he carried us on his back for so many years and he was glad to be playing in a real organization. Hell though, even that wasn't enough to sour me on him. It was a few years after he finally retired, after the comeback trial and things weren't going so well for him money wise. When he came back to Calgary and walked into King's office apparently demanding they pay him what was owed to him that Calgary owed him for how they screwed him over and he deserved to be paid. That is what soured my on the guy. Problems, demons, all his issues aside. his own arrogance. This to me is why they will never retire his number here. He had little respect for the people and fans that made him and supported him.
johnnybegaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johnnybegaudreau For This Useful Post: