View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 04:28 PM   #1
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Frolik's Future with Flames?

I was wondering what everyone thought the future holds for Frolik?

An elite PKer in the past, signed for this year and next after a couple of solid seasons mixed in with an injury riddled disappointing year last year.

So far he has mostly been the 11th most used forward followed by Peluso.

Treliving will likely need to move some money off the roster before the start of next season in order to fit everyone in, most notably Tkachuk who is due for a massive raise.

Common sense would dictate Frolik would be the piece moved out due to a few logical reasons:

- His role has massively diminished in less than a years time as he went from the #6 forward, top PK unit, 2ndary PP guy to 4th line PK guy.

- We now have Lindholm, Dube, Ryan and Czarnik as new guys that are all capable of playing on the PK with Backlund, Bennett, Jankowski to the point where Frolik isn't as integral to its success.

- We have Mangiapane and Foo on the farm who are close to being ready as well as Jankowski, a 17 goal scorer in his rookie campaign, sitting most nights due to the depth and early tendancy to dress a fighter in Peluso.

- Frolik's $4.3m off the books would go a long way to allowing the team to re-sign Tkachuk, Bennett and a starting goalie.

- The only other viable option would be Stone and as we can see to start this season defensive depth is important for when injuries inevitably strike. We still don't know how far away Kylington is. I think he will be a gamer but he is still really young and may need more time to develop.

In my opinion moving Frolik at some point before the end of his contract seems highly likely. And unless Trelving has some master plan we are all unaware of one would think Frolik or Stone needs to go to make room to sign more important pieces.

As such, when does everyone forsee Frolik being traded?

..Or do you see some other way he stays and we can fit everyone in come next season?
SeanCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeanCharles For This Useful Post: