Thread: Music of 2019
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 07:13 PM   #205
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Yeah when I first heard of the concept and saw the pictures of him in cowboy gear I was a bit confused, but I’ve learned to never doubt Springsteen. He could put out a dubstep album and it would probably be amazing.

Honestly country music can be phenomenal if done correctly. Unfortunately all the cookie cutter pop-country garbage that appeals to frat boys, party girls, and people who have had lobotomies is dominating the airwaves right now which is really giving country a horrible reputation.
Springsteen has always had a folky/country side to him (Nebraska, Ghost of Tom Joad, Devils & Dust). This new record sounds like it might be a natural extension of those earlier albums.

And yea, the pop-country stuff dominating radio these days is pure garbage. If you want to listen to some real, honest to god country music, you have to look outside the mainstream to the Americana/alt-country genre, which is absolutely thriving right now. Just a few excellent albums off the top of my head for anyone who is interested in checking them out. Most of these are fairly recent:

Son Volt- Union
American Aquarium- Things Change
Sarah Shook & the Disarmers- Years
Jason Isbell- The Nashville Sound
Jeff Tweedy- Warm
Amanda Shires- To the Sunset
Chris Stapleton- From a Room, Vol. 1 and 2
Erika Wennerstrom- Sweet Unknown
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post: