View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 02:38 PM   #938
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
At the risk of being told to start a Sekiro specific thread I’ll add some more thoughts. This is a brutally difficult game and really feels like it walks that fine line between DS git gud and Nioh’s “son of a cheap beesting I never stood a chance why you cheating?”. Got past the first real boss and honestly it was easier than most of the sub bosses that are littered throughout the game. I’m still working on the pace of combat and finding the fine line between aggression and intelligent defence.

Unquestionably my favourite FROM game but again I’m a Tenchu fanboy and this is really just updated hard as hell Tenchu. As far as scale goes it certainly feels smaller than previous FROM games but maybe the world will open up a bit as we move on. Not a huge fan that parrying is the major combat mechanic, that was always the most difficult part of previous games IMO and I would avoid using it at all costs. I take a lot of hits trying to parry now. Thankfully after a few life and healing upgrades it’s not as catastrophic against standard enemies to take a few hits.

Seeing so much crying online about how unrelentingly difficult it is makes me want to like it even more. Definitely the kind of game where I feel no shame googling a specific boss after I’ve died for the 10th time trying to get some ideas on how to win. Looking at you stupid purple ninja. Eat my butt.
I rolled through Hirata Estates — beat the Shinobi Hunter my second try, and Drunken Juzou on my first (!). Currently stuck on Lady Butterfly though.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote