View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 12:02 PM   #931
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I have played Dark Souls and Bloodborne, haven't finished either so I'm not an expert by any means but I would say the big differences are:

-Stamina bar. There is none in Sekiro. You can sprint and attack and defend to your heart's content.
-Character movement -- Sekiro controls more like a typical action game, a lot faster with a lot more freedom. There is a jump button. You have a grappling hook to explore vertically with.
-RPG elements -- Sekiro is a lot lighter on RPG elements. You don't equip new armor or weapons, it's more about acquiring new combat skills and tools and learning how to best implement them into new strategies.

It is still brutally difficult and the combat is unforgiving. Any boss level character (even mini-bosses) can kill you in 2-3 hits, and there's no better armor or grinding out levels to make it easier. You just have to figure out the patterns and timing and execute near flawlessly. But I personally find the combat much more fun and rewarding than previous From games due to the freedom of movement and faster pace. When things come together and you blitz through a mini-boss without barely being hit, you know you've made it.
that's the love and hate part of From games... i finished BB and decided to go back to Dark Souls 3 (i tried Demon Souls and quit after one night)...it was also really tough, especially as the first boss was not more than 15 minutes in...i died countless times before figuring it out (had to not play it like Bloodborne)... and it was a phenomenal experience, though i got jammed up 2 bosses from the end...

really looking forward to playing Seikero though; it looks great and has received tremendous reviews.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote