View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 01:44 PM   #928
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
2 hours into Sekiro and it's awesome. The difficulty is in the combat instead of artificial elements. And damn the combat is great. The first real test (outside of the tutorial) is the first mini-boss and it forces you to learn how to play the game. If you hang back and play defensively, you will have a lot of trouble and probably die. It wasn't until I really figured out that you need to be on the attack, constantly, and stay laser focused, that you can get through guys, and man you feel awesome when you do.

It's more what I've always wanted from a From Software game, more story, less RPG elements, less time wasting difficulty (no fast travel, etc.). Can't wait to play more and see how much the first real boss destroys me.
I’m barely an hour in and feel the same way. It’s like a mix of Tenchu (possibly my all time favourite game) and DS. Really looking forward to seeing where it goes. I like the controls and fluidity of movement relative to other FROM games.

I really loved Nioh but the main gripe I had was that the difficulty was because the bosses were cheap, not because it was hard if that makes sense. It wasn’t always that you knew how to play it but had the timing off, some of it was just cheap difficulty instead. So far Sekiro feels like a good mix of both.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote