View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 09:49 AM   #118
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Sorry Captain. Ferrell is actually a pretty talented comedian. All comedian's even the best have similar issues in that you can only stretch them so far before you realize they are playing the same comedic character over and over. It's why comedians like Tom Hanks, Robin Williams, Bill Murray, Whoopi Goldberg, etc moved on to serious roles to sustain their careers and why guys like Adam Sander run their course. Not saying Ferrell has it in him to become a top dramatic actor but there aren't too many comedians that could sustain a top level film career based solely in comedy. I consider Steve Martin one of the greatest but even he's done some solid dramas over his career to supplement his comedic roles.

I just don't find him in his movies to be anything more then a junk comedian that rolls out the same character and mannerisms over and over again. He might be talented, but then if he is, then he's lazy.

Steve Martin to me is a great comedic actor because it just feels like he explored and pushed boundries, and yes he did some solid dramatic roles.

Ferrells not for me, I might have found his first few movies funny, but after that it was just the SOS.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote