View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 11:36 PM   #1773
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Another Canadian Veteran comes forward that he felt he was pressured to end his life through MAID.

https://nationalpost.com/news/second...g-support-call

Quote:
OTTAWA — A second Canadian Forces member has come forward with allegations that a Veterans Affairs Canada caseworker offered him medical assistance in dying after he asked for support for post-traumatic stress disorder

Still in active service, the Canadian Forces member referred to himself only by the pseudonym “Bruce,” out of fear of retaliation, in Wednesday’s episode of Operation Tango Romeo, a trauma-recovery podcast for Canadian Forces members hosted by former Canadian soldier and veterans advocate Mark Meincke

“I had been suffering from PTSD and recently had a lot of suicidal thoughts,” Bruce told Meincke during the gripping and emotional podcast, explaining he’d contacted Veterans Affairs Canada for help and awaited a return call from a caseworker.

“I was kinda hoping they would help me with my transition out of the military, help me find new doctors once I get out, and assist me with any other kind of claims I might have.

“I wasn’t expecting them to let me know ‘Hey, we had recently won litigation to assist members with MAID (medical assistance in dying), and you know that’s always an option,'” Bruce recalled, his voice steady but quavering.

“I was a little disturbed that if they had mentioned that to somebody else that was even worse off than I was, that could’ve been that little push over the edge.”
Quote:
Bruce said on the podcast that it was Meincke’s testimony last month that prompted him to come forward, lamenting that he didn’t come forward earlier.

“I wish I had said something earlier, because maybe that would’ve put a stop to it right then and there,” he said.

Bruce remembered telling the caseworker he certainly wasn’t seeking help ending his life, but said he got the impression the option was being pushed.

“I said I’m in a good place right now, I don’t need to worry about those things,” he recalled telling her.

“And she’s like ‘well I know, but it’s out there, if things get worse just let us know.'”

Bruce also alleged the caseworker mentioned that VAC had assisted a veteran win a recent court case to take his own life.

“That’s what I recall from the conversation, that she had said that they’d won a case in court to help with a veteran’s assistance in passing on.”
So he goes in to ask for transition help, and recommendations for Doctors, and comes out feeling pressured to end his life. And he's right, if it was someone worse off, would that conversation have pushed that person over the edge.

This is insane. Its not how MAID was supposed to be implemented where these people are directing the conversation towards suicide. Are we hiring serial killers? Is there a bonus structure in place, "you know, you saved the health care system some money, so here's a set of steak knives".

We've seen stories of people in financial dire straits opting for MAID. We had a doctor come out with the whole lets use it on Babies.

Who is directing and scripting these people?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: