View Single Post
Old 10-28-2022, 10:20 AM   #1769
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Yeah this is getting insane. I want us to have the newest and best but we're paying way way way over top dollar just to get average.
I am too, but this feels like a whole bunch of pork barrelling. Irving as part of the bid was suppossed to have the infrastructure and ship yards to build these ships. They didn't and now they're going to the government hat in hand for hundreds of millions.

There are already questions around the Type 26 Frigate, because of design changes they're going to be heavier, and slower then they need to be.

Australia who are also building the same frame are pretty unhappy with them, from being slow and heavy, to questions around crew safety and damage control. Their defense engineering team has warned that it has low confidence that the type 26 will meet their Navy's need.

I mean its a nice goal to talk about build in Canada solutions, I heard it with the Fighter Jet Replacement Program, the Helicopter program and the ship building program.

But realistically unless we're building our own frames for exports, its just a super expensive way to go, and it seems like every project becomes a major cost over run and accusations of corruption.

We should have just bought ships off of the line of other nations and then done modifications and canadianization here.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote