View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 12:26 PM   #15
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Icon46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan in Exile View Post
I'm okay with giveways when he's trying to make things happen in the offensive zone, and/or when the Flames are behind or when there's a high reward to what he's trying to do. My concern is with giveaways like the one last night. Wrong time wrong place. No reward to what he was trying to do anyway that couldn't be accomplished by a simpler safer pass.
I chalk that up to youthful exuberance right now. Every time he has the puck on his stick he tries to create a grade A scoring chance. He’s an elite playmaker and I’m not about to second guess players with his hockey iq and ability. But I think with growth and experience and the occasional talk with the coach, he’ll learn to pull the reigns in during crucial times.

But as for his performance so far, I think he’s the least of the Flames’ worries. He’s drawn a lot of power plays and has accounted for 55% of his team’s goals. He has figured in on 11 goals and the rest of the team has 9. He deserves his fair share of criticism, but others deserve more blame for these losses right now. The entire bottom 6 right now just eat up time and try to keep their head above water. No one else has stepped up to try and turn the tide our way or effect the game positively. They’re kind of just...there.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote