View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 11:36 AM   #11
Fan in Exile
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
Giveaways will likely always be an issue and this isn’t exclusive to just him. Star players and players who carry the puck a lot generally have higher turnover numbers. Just look at who’s at the top, Brent Burns lead the league in turnovers by a mile and he won the Norris, #2 is Karlsson and he may be the best defenseman in the league. Joe Pavelski, Brad Marchand, John Tavares and etc aren’t too far behind Johnny either.

Star players turn pucks over, that’s just the way it is and you take the good with the bad and hope that the amount of good they create far exceeds the bad. The kid is still young and I suspect that the older he gets and the more experience he gains, he’ll recognize how not to turn the puck over as often and when not to turn the puck over.
I'm okay with giveways when he's trying to make things happen in the offensive zone, and/or when the Flames are behind or when there's a high reward to what he's trying to do. My concern is with giveaways like the one last night. Wrong time wrong place. No reward to what he was trying to do anyway that couldn't be accomplished by a simpler safer pass.
Fan in Exile is offline   Reply With Quote