Thread: Pokemon Go
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #2757
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
So I've added a few of you as friends. It sucks that I'm in a really small town with 3 pokestops and don't travel as much. I don't even think anyone else around here plays it so I can't really win raids and I've had one of my pokemon in a gym for like 5 days with no challenges. Are there any tricks or tips for someone in my situation?
Fun fact: 'Pokemon Go' is the abbreviated form of 'Pokemon: Go Play in a City'.

You cannot raid legendaries so research is vital. Many raids can be soloed though. The "number of players" the game recommends is not actually required unless all players are very weak. If you think you can't do them... try, as it sounds like you're not using your freebie raid passes anyways.

The standard "accelerated program" for solo players is grind XP, catch high-CP Eevees, evolve into Espeon, solo Machamps with Espeons, duo Tyranitar with Machamps. Fight Deoxys with Tyranitars. Pokebattler actually says that you can solo Machamp with Espeons with levels in the low 20s, which seems absurd considering you needed to be 30+ before but maybe it is that easy now.

If you can't find a duo partner for Tyranitar, may want to consider becoming a multi-accounter. May be against ToS but any raid is soloable with enough accounts and devices.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SebC For This Useful Post: