View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 01:55 PM   #31
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
the be a gm experience in NHL is piss poor. The scout management seems stupid to me, and there's little to no feedback on whether the approach I'm using is good or bad (madden has this so much better where you can get a tangible feel for how your season long scouting has helped you or not come draft day, and the ability to find some gems in the late rounds). Simming seasons is painful as there are so many interruptions, but I can't even turn them off (as an example, I run the risk of my auto-coach bringing up a player that is not waiver exempt (and you run the risk of losing them when inured players get back). At least they are doing something in this game to apparently make trade deadline day more interesting.

I'd be just fine with the broken game modes, if they could just fix the gameplay. Especially offline, the game play is downright stupid as you try to increase the difficulty level to all-star.
The worst part of the franchise mode is the semi-broken chemistry system. I find it completely unclear on how to build proper chemistry within your coaching staff, and then how to find players that actually fit the system (it's largely trial and error).

That said, the two things you've described are fixable. Setting auto-coach to minimal ensures they only replace injured players, won't scramble the lines (which is important once you set the best lines for chemistry) and won't put anyone on waivers that is waiver eligible.

As far as scouting goes, you really just have to worry about having the right number of scouts in the right areas (OHL, WHL, and QJMHL mostly) and at least one scout in each other area. They do indicate Gems and Busts, so you can identify later round Gems, and if they're good enough (they should all be minimum B-) you'll have a draft list you that may change who you pick, and allow you to pick better with who is left.

The franchise mode is incredibly deep, it's just not intuitive so it takes forever to get a clear handle on.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote