View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 01:30 PM   #30
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Ah, found the press release:

Kinda cool I guess. I don't know... as a guy who just plays vanilla Be a GM, this game has kinda passed me by. Talking to friends who play hut or go through tutorials to learn all the crazy-ass moves, it sounds like a totally different game from what I'm playing.

Kills me a bit that I can't play a proper season with friends. Then again when you look at EA NHL forums and wish lists, it sounds like no two people ever play this game the same way.
that's my exact situation also. I don't like online play much, as I find that after the first month, enough players know how to glitch the game enough where it's not a hockey game anymore.

I revert to playing offline seasons/Be a GM, but those are pretty damn boring, especially if the game play sucks (which it has for the past 5 years).

I play madden franchise (be a gm equivalent) and the drafting/free agency/trading/player progression just feels a lot more interesting and fun. I have played out the dolphins rebuild 2 times over now, and it's so much fun, whether you sim the games or not. (oh by the way, I downloaded a shared roster created by someone that includes all the updated rosters with all the new draft picks, something you can do in madden for a few years now!!!).

the be a gm experience in NHL is piss poor. The scout management seems stupid to me, and there's little to no feedback on whether the approach I'm using is good or bad (madden has this so much better where you can get a tangible feel for how your season long scouting has helped you or not come draft day, and the ability to find some gems in the late rounds). Simming seasons is painful as there are so many interruptions, but I can't even turn them off (as an example, I run the risk of my auto-coach bringing up a player that is not waiver exempt (and you run the risk of losing them when inured players get back). At least they are doing something in this game to apparently make trade deadline day more interesting.

I'd be just fine with the broken game modes, if they could just fix the gameplay. Especially offline, the game play is downright stupid as you try to increase the difficulty level to all-star.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote