View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 09:01 AM   #50
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Hmm.

Player A scored 36 goals on 505 shot attempts (7.13%)
Player B scored 11 goals on 293 shot attempts (3.79%)

If Player B had scored at the same rate as Player A, Player B would have scored 21 goals.

Correct - Player B is Sam Bennett from last season.
Player A, is also Sam Bennett, prior to last season.

So yeah, there's reason to think that, if nothing else, last season's Sam Bennett was a different Sam Bennett from prior seasons in terms of converting chances, which has at least a little to do with luck, and jut assuming last season's Sam Bennett is this season's Sam Bennett or Sam Bennett's future career is premature and irresponsibly so.

I'm not sure why I'm even engaging you, though. You're this kid's version of Where ru Chris O'Sullivan.
I agree with this.

I don't know what Sam Bennett will be when this argument is finally put to rest in a season or three, but last year was a turning point that wasn't jumping off the page if you weren't looking for it.

It's coming.

This is from the Athletic this week (Dom Lucasdfadsfjasdkfj)
Quote:
Bennett really struggled at the start of last season, but came into his own once he was put on a line with Jankowski. He posted a respectable 1.88 points-per-60 next to Jankowski last season and was at an ugly 0.73 otherwise. Similarly, Jankowski jumped from 0.77 to 1.41 with Bennett. Having to play with the other bottom six options when apart likely contributed to that. The two are still very young at 22 (Bennett) and 24 (Jankowski) meaning some internal growth could help a lot.
And Flash ... I'm not saying Czarnik didn't look good in his first preseason game, nor am I all that interested in comparing the two.

I just found some of the comments (not just yours) about Bennett from that game odd, and a bit like minds made up without watching. Not many fourth liners create three blue chip chances in a game, yet it was pretty much ignored by the anti-Bennett group.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote