Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Gaudreau - Monahan - Neal
Tkachuk - Bennett - Lindholm
Jankowski - Backlund - Czarnik
Frolik - Ryan - Lazar

That seems fairly balanced to me, and it allows the Flames to really see if Bennett is a center or not. Two very strong players complimenting him here. I think it is almost foolish not to try Bennett at center with a new coach, systems and line-mates, and see how he does. If he fails, he fails, and you move on. I just think it would be rather foolish not to try him again. Many people are penciling-in Lindholm as a center, but last year was the first season he played much in that role, and he is a year older than Bennett. I just think it is worth a look.

The nasty line:
Tkachuk - Bennett - Neal

The speed line:
Gaudreau - Bennett - Czarnik/Mangiapane/Foo

Bennett was tracking really well under Hartley, seemed to take a step back offensively under Gulutzan (but took steps forward defensively, which people don't notice), and I would like to see what a new coach brings to Bennett's game. It isn't the first time that under one coach and set of opportunities Player A struggles, while Player B succeeds, and when a coach is changed, the roles get reversed.
Maybe Bennett rebounds but I don’t think he’s a NHL centerman. Plus with your proposal, Jankowski is moved out of Centre to make room for Bennett? I think that’s putting way to much stock in Bennett.

Put Bennett on the wing with Backlund and Lindholm/Tkachuk. It’s the best chance for him to rebound.

Last edited by Clever_Iggy; 07-09-2018 at 11:42 AM.
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clever_Iggy For This Useful Post: