View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 09:07 PM   #3754
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Without going into my usual indepth match by match review. I was surprised at how good this event was, I mean I groused about calling it Extreme Rules with only one extreme rules match, no cage matches or anything.

But top to bottom, this was pretty solid with all of the matches having a nice bit of hard hitting physicality, Honestly the worst match of the night was Bliss and Charlotte, and I thought it was a pretty good match, and Bliss bought out the not lazy Charlotte.

Even the main event where the demon was revived and they had the segment with the red haze, the smoke and they were fighting with the Demon soundtrack playing had a real kind of cool hollywood feel.

But at the same time, they broke the CaptainCrunch cardinal rule of PPV's. You can't end the two main event matches without some kind of resolution.

Sasha coming out and interrupting the Belair Becky match to me was a wrong decision. I mean I know they couldn't have Becky lose in her first title defense, and they couldn't make Belair look weak. So they interjected Sasha into it. I mean frankly and I'm going to say it, Becky is just not a good heel to me, because she changed her character from a a$$ kicker looking for a straight up fight to a slimy villain. But fine.

But the next event which was a really good match was ended on a ridiculous rope break. You can't really have a main event end like that, it felt like WCW, I was waiting for Russo to be revealed as the guy who broke the ropes.

But I will say that Roman's selling of the ball shot was a highlight of the night for me.

My grade B+

Best match of the night tie between the 6 man tag to start the night and the main event.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote