View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 07:42 PM   #1135
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
I know this sounds like Treliving, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Mangiapane and Dube should continue to develop and take the next step.

If Dube can take that next step, this changes how this team looks when it comes to offense. Sutter has put Dube on alert so he better show up in the best shape of his life and focused in practice and the game.

I already consider Mangiapane a top 6 forward and if Dube takes that step, you are adding two top six guys in Coleman and Dube.

On the flip side is the fear that Monahan continues his decline into a middle six guy.
I’m big on Dube for a few seasons now. Admittedly didn’t see Mangiapane being that good but his leap has been a pleasant surprise and has a bigger upside than Dube now. I’m completely skeptical about the vets. I haven’t believed in the skills of Monahan, despite the points he’s put up, as I don’t think his skills are first line dependability in the league anymore. Tkachuk and Gaudreau have been sulky idiots and I can only hope they turn it around. There was clearly something off on something they were upset about, and I hope the organization was able to talk to them and figure out what they need to do to have better two way communication. Too much of a coincidence to think it was injury problems.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote