View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #1
frinkprof
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Calgary Public Transit - Discussion

A thread to discuss public transit in Calgary. Information, questions, current issues, pros, cons, ideas, future plans, past experiences, whatever. I'm not sure if there will be enough interest here to sustain this thread, but it's a topic that comes up often enough in other threads.

I've compiled a bit of an information resource below to let everyone know what is currently happening with the system, and what is to come. All to the best of my knowledge of course, so if you have any other information, post it and I'll make the changes. I wanted to include renderings and maps but didn't want it to be too graphic-heavy so I kept a lot of the images in spoilers to make browsing a little easier. Just click the *Show* buttons to see the images. I left the future LRT system map in since it paints the most complete picture.

CURRENT PROJECTS

LRT INFRASTRUCTURE

West LRT

Stations: 7 - 11th Street West, Sunalta, Shaganappi Point, Westbrook, 45th Street, Sirocco, 69th Street
Completion: Opens December 10th, 2012

Northeast LRT Phase II Extension

Stations: 2 - Martindale and Saddletown

Completion: 2012

Spoiler!

Northwest LRT Phase IV Extension

Stations: 1 - Tuscany
Completion: 2014

7th Avenue Refurbishment Project

Stations: Rebuilding and/or relocation of all platforms along 7th Avenue
Status: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 8th Streets completed. City Hall and 11th Street Under Construction, Centre Street to be done
Completion: 2012

New LRVs

Model: SD160 Series 8
Number: 38 on order
Arrival Status: 11 units have arrived as of 01/12/11

Spoiler!

BUS

Airport Service

Description: The bus service to the airport is being improved and revamped. There will be two new routes and eventually a tram.
Completion: New route to/from McKnight-Westwinds Station by 2011, new BRT route to/from downtown by 2012.

Spoiler!

New Buses

Model: Nova LFS 40102
Number: 49 on order
Arrival Status: 11 have arrived as of 01/12/11

SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
Spoiler!

Last edited by frinkprof; 04-09-2012 at 08:03 PM.
frinkprof is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to frinkprof For This Useful Post: