View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 01:01 PM   #57
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Giordano is a bigger negative than Coleman is a positive, I agree. However, we should also be comparing the 38 year old, 21/22 Giordano, and that probably isn't as big a loss as the name suggests.

More importantly though, what does the remaining D core look like? The biggest factor, and the biggest hope for optimism, is the fact that they are all young and the potential for someone to step up and fill the void is pretty large.

Hanifin 24
Andersson 24
Valimaki 22
Zadorov 26
Kylington 24
Mackey 24

On the one hand, the lack of experience is a bit frightening, but on the other hand, the potential is crazy.

I think that is the biggest question mark, concern/opportunity on the team.

Well coached
Hard to play against
Pretty good depth
Good splits

But how good will the D be?
I agree with you. But the young D have all been in the league for a while (hanifin and zadorov). Anderson as well. Tanev same thing. Like you said Gio wasn’t getting any younger or better. I think what you lose with him mainly is leadership. But it’s probably time for some new blood and voices in the room.

I think we upgraded our bottom 6 forwards. My question marks are all in the top 6 forward ranks. A lot of them didn’t show up last year for many different reasons. If they don’t show up again what are the Flames going to do? I think that question is going to impact the organization for a number of years go forward.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote