View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #232
Johnny Rotten
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
I'm not putting all my hopes on what Loubo says, I am just not basing my future outlook on a prospect based on what a poster on CalgaryPuck says...I will take all available info and determine what I feel Gawdin's future will look like.

Sometimes it takes a kick in the pants to get a player motivated. Perhaps the cut by the Blues, which I am sure was well warranted at that point in his development helped. Interesting thing is...not all players develop at the same rate or at the same age.

I also understand that a 20 year old season can't be viewed as a be all end all. Yes he is a 5th year player and older than everyone else, but he could have just went about his business and had another 20g 30+a 50+ point season, but he didn't. I like his play style and his ability to play with skilled players.

No one knows what the future holds for Gawdin but I like the drive and mental resilience he has shown after being cut by STL.
Here's hoping the former St. Louis pick, Gawdin, will be our Martin St. Louis in reverse.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Rotten For This Useful Post: