View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 12:30 AM   #6740
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtastic View Post
I want the Flames to win this game decisively tonight, especially because the Oilers and their fan base get all riled up for the BOA, since it’s the only thing they have left.

I will always despise the Oilers and will forever proclaim their no-goodness, but I think it’s time that the Flames demonstrate their superiority so that we can stop being used as a benchmark for The Great Mess To The North.

I don’t care about “reinvigorating the 80’s BOA”, because, for one thing, it could never be that great again, but mostly because I don’t want the Oilers to be competitive or win anything ever again, be that a playoff position, another draft lottery, or hell, even another game for that matter. Let them forever walk in 9th place NHL purgatory.

Mostly, I want this team to once-and-for-all exorcise the demons that Gulutzan planted in their heads about the Oilers and especially McDavid. I want the Flames to look at the Oilers less as a “chief rival” and more as just another bottom-third NHL team from which we should routinely take points.

Back-to-backs be damned. Let’s just crush them. [emoji91]
Okay, Flames. Okay.