View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 12:40 PM   #44
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
It might have to be garbage gun compared to what you buy now and I'm sure that sucks.

But there are a bunch of stuff out there you can't buy because its dangerous no matter how good of an owner you are. My neighbour might be the greatest long range missile owner ever - but I still don't want him to have it. If they restrict the types of guns you can buy - and you can still hunt adequately with what they let you buy - I'm not going to shed a tear for you. I understand your annoyances, but you won't win me to your side.
Thanks Pete. A lot of what you say is how I feel about dogs. My mother and I were attacked by a dog when I was little. To some, my fear may seem irrational, but that is how I feel. I'm not saying dogs are as dangerous as guns (I just wished my neighbours didn't have one lol, it barks all the time) nor am I trying to win anyone to my side. What I am trying to do is show that the government is wasting tax dollars that could be put to far better use, particularly youth programs to prevent kids joining gangs etc. and misleading the public. When the Prime Minister makes statements like you don't need an AR15 to take down a deer, the masses are going to think people are hunting in Canada with AR15s which is simply not true.
The language they have been using has done a great job of causing fear. Assault 'Style' firearms, Designed to kill the most people in the shortest time etc ignoring Canadian regulations and restrictions that prevent most of what they claim. It's disheartening to see so many celebrate smoke and mirrors legislation.
Ben_in_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben_in_Canada For This Useful Post: