View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #20
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post
The relevance is very simple to see. Many people vote for a party or a leader, not a specific candidate. I imagine in the next election many people in Canada will vote for Trudeau, not really showing too much interest in the candidate in thier riding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by para transit fellow View Post
seriously folks... why are are we wasting oxygen discussing Mr anders?

Has he actually done anything for anyone other than Rob Anders in the past decade?

At some future date, Mr aanders will pass due to natural causes. Will anyone on the interweb have a discussion thread itemizing all the great things Mr Anders has done for the betterment of the community?

why are we wasting our breath on him now?
Well I think the point is to get to the discussion to the point where people will finally turf him. Waiting for him to leave or die isn't really good politics if one wants change.

And as others mentioned before, people voting for a party over, or despite, a candidate is understandable in most cases, but this isn't most cases. The guy hold values questionable to the extreme, is shown to be a lazy politician, and embarrasses his party, his country, and a lot of his electorate.

The strange thing is, even if the people in the riding are conservative boosters, they should also want to get rid of him, as he damages the brand, and perpetuates a lot of the ugly stereotypes other voters have of the conservative party.

So I guess it's important to educate others about the man if the people in that riding (or people in the conservative party in general) want change. I'm not sure enough people really want that change though. I think there are a lot of people there that are partisan to the extreme and would vote for (yes Hitler reference) as long as he wore Conservative blue.

That's bad politics for everyone, even the conservative party. It's important people know that.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daradon For This Useful Post: