View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 12:05 PM   #10
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
Current ADP data (all positions) has Godwin as 46th overall and Golladay as 51st overall while O.J. Howard is 58th overall. Golladay has the best value relative to the draft pick cost to keep him and the reports from the joint practices held between the Lions and Patriots were promising:

One name that was raised to me as having impressed in the Patriots/Lions joint practices last week: Detroit third-year WR Kenny Golladay. He absolutely caught the eye of his opponents over their two days working together on the practice field (Golladay didn’t play in the preseason game), as a guy who’s open even when he’s covered. And the 6’4”, 203-pounder is pretty much exactly the type of big, long receiver Matthew Stafford loves. We got a taste of that last year, and that 70-catch, 1,063-yard, five-touchdown season might just be the tip of the iceberg.

Source:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/12/an...on-gruden-mmqb

The only hesitation I’d have on keeping Golladay is that I can’t shake the feeling that the Lions are a team that will flounder this year. Godwin has had good buzz around him during training camp and I think Howard can make another leap forward in his development (he is in that tier just below Kelce, Kittle, and Ertz).
Yeah I agree from a value vs. ADP perspective that Golladay makes the most sense, but most of the mocks I do have me coming away with Mike Evans and Hilton as my WRs and one of Freeman, Jones, Fournette as my Flex, which likely means Golladay sits on my bench for most of the year unless he breaks out and becomes a true WR1.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote