View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 09:09 AM   #4222
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Some movies we watched I forgot to comment on.

Eternals whole lotta meh. I didn’t care about any of the characters and the story was kinda boring. Too bad because you could make a heady sci-fi movie about the celestials/eternals/deviants.

Black Widow. This was fun. Actions a bit over the top but I kinda liked it. Needed more Ray Winstone. His part was too small.

Cruella. Like all of Disney’s live action movies based on beloved animated movies, this one sucked. Although this obviously wasn’t a straight remake like the others. I don’t even care about 101 Dalmatians, it was never a movie I liked as a kid but I still feel like they crapped all over the original. Even the Glenn close version. Emma Thompson played a much better Cruella than Stone did. And Stone’s performance was fine, it was the crappy writing. She was totally normal one minute and off the rails the next and would seemingly switch back and forth. It honestly would have worked better if Thompson played Cruella and Stone played her long lost daughter. Then at least the characterizations would have made sense. The costume design was awesome though. I think it’ll win an Oscar.

American Sniper. Powerful movie. Half the stuff was fabricated and Clint really likes his ‘Murica Pom Pom waiving but also showed how the USA chews up and spits out its veterans. The portrayal of Iraqis as nothing but traitorous savages was a bit over the top but hardly surprising. The baby scene, which I’d seen before, was hilarious as expected but I swear to god they made some changes since it’s original release and gussied it up a bit with digital effects.

Lady Bird. Coming of age story with Saoirse Ronan. Quality movie.

The Suicide Squad was exactly as advertised. Way better than the first one. Not amazing but funny and entertaining. I actually kinda like Peacemaker too as a follow up.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 01-21-2022 at 09:27 AM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: