View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 03:14 PM   #17
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESRULE View Post
LOLOLOL. I was in Kona and the Big Island for 10 days this Xmas. You couldn't be more wrong. Big Island has 12/16 climate zones, great beaches (you likely will have to drive to them), the best snorkeling I've ever had in the island chain, and is 20-25% cheaper than Maui (which does have better beaches). And the coolest thing was the Manta Ray dive.

We spent a day touring Volcano Nat Park, went whale watching (better in Maui, but we were a bit early), fishing, exploring, etc. There is a ton of stuff to do there.

Its a freaking island made up of 5 volcanoes...no duh it's got alot of lava flows.

And lololol at eating at Bubba Gumps
I love how even in a post saying I'm wrong you have a bunch of caveats conceding Maui is better. Like, if Maui's beaches are better, the whale watching is better, and c'mon, the restaurants are way better, then I don't get why you'd go to the Big Island.

Kona is small and crappy. I did the Volcano National Park thing for a day, too. Is that the same spot where you got to hike in tunnels where lava once flowed? That was really cool.

I had a big donut I liked in Kona. And the shaved ice is second to none. Spent most of my time fending off tweakers, though. Loaded up on macadamia nuts in Costco, so that was cool.

I can't remember how we ended up at Bubba Crappy Gumps, but it I think it was because nothing else was open. There was some little restaurant down an alley thing owned by a guy from France and it was super good.

But yeah, I like my Hawaiian vacations to have a lot of palm trees, lush jungles, beautiful beaches and pretty flowers. You have to work to find that stuff if you're based out of Kona.

Also, the Kona airport is the absolute worst. That alone is reason enough to never go there. It's outside. Just people sitting around on wet grass on this crappy little hill. I felt like a refugee trying to get out of there. Yuck.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote