View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #1929
Pontine
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Matt View Post
I just got back from Barcelona with Air Canada Rogue and wanted to share something new I learned.
Our flight from BCN to Montreal was cancelled the morning of so I called quickly and managed to get rebooked on the BCN to Toronto and on to Edmonton. The only issue was that the flight left three hours earlier so we had to scramble to get to the airport.

According to Air Canada policy, as per EU rules, this inconvenience was worth 300 EU per person or a $650 CAD flight credit.
Now I have a year to use $1950 in flight credits.
I had a similar situation flying back from London (LGW) direct to Calgary in August, but with westjet. My original flight home got cancelled 24hrs before it had to leave, and rescheduled to a day later. I had to be back at work, so I couldn't stay the extra day in London. Westjet found me a connecting flight through Toronto with British Airways, which wasn't ideal and the flight from YYZ to YYC got delayed by 3 hours. I finally got home 11 hours later than if my original flight had happened.

Westjet issued a $150 flight credit for the inconvenience, but then I also made the EU claim and I got the max 650 euro (~$950 CAD) from Westjet as a cheque, instead of a flight credit.
Pontine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pontine For This Useful Post: