View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 05:01 PM   #62
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayne008 View Post
Finally caught the last episode -

Was nice seeing that it was Ashoka appear at the end, glad to see she survived Order 66 (Would she have even been on the list?)

Has it been renewed for more seasons?
Yup

They have already done half of the episodes, sounds like its a longer season too.

There was a lot that I liked about that episode, especially the space battle, we finally saw what Blockade runners can do. The lightsaber fight was really well done as well and the characters got a lot deeper.

I loved the Inquisitors line, "There are worse things to fear then death" I think that had to do with the fear of the Emperor more the n Vader. Failure has its costs.

Ashoka's return was great but its already been confirmed that she won't have a bunk on the ghost, nor will Vader be a regular villain which is good because Vader is probably at the height of his power and the height of his rage and self loathing.

I really laughed at the conversation between the two Storm Troopers when the grafitti'd tie fighter landed

Stormtrooper 1 - "Hey that's not regulation"
Stormtrooper 2 - "I like it"

This season started like the Clone Wars series did, it was built around a younger audience, but as Clone Wars progressed it got darker and darker and we saw deaths and betrayals and a lot of morally dark themes.

Even with Disney, I can't help but think that this series will keep its light tone, especially with Tarkin and Vader involved. You could be light and make the Imperial Agent look like a bit of a blundering fool, but with Tarkin and Vader they represent the fist of the Emperor's new order, and with Tim Curry signed on to reprise his role as the Emperor, its dark times ahead.

We know by the time Emperor Strikes back that Luke is the last of the Jedi, the Eu books where Luke finds hundreds of Jedi are in an alternate or classic reality and not this one. So what does this mean for Ezra, Kanan and Ashoka?

I'm sure that Ashoka will eventually have that fateful confrontation with her old master, its got to happen, and it will be interested to see where it goes. Does Snipes rejoin her Master? I doubt it, and I also doubt that Vader at this point is just going to let her go.

Do Kanan and Ezra have to die? I think at some point Ezra lets his anger get the better of him and it leads to disaster, I don't see how Kanan can survive unless he takes Hera and they flee from the conflict.

At some point a hero is going to die, we saw it in Clone Wars, we'll see it here.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing a powerful Vader and more of the ruthless Tarkin.

I want to see how things that are relatively light get oppressed under the boot of the Empire.

I've always said that the animated Clone War series was better then the prequel trilogy, it explained the downfall of the Jedi, and it made it easier to understand Anakin's long path to darkness.

I hope this carries on that legacy.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote