View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 11:59 AM   #1039
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional_Ale View Post
Am I the only one here who thinks season one stank so bad, and season two has been awesome?

Season one was complete stank, season two is better, well parts of it are better.

Pike and Saru are the highlight performers on the show, whenever Pike steps in for those brief moments you get sanity.

I don't know who decided to make Michael's character change from her proto Vulcan of last year, but she's such a terrible actress when it comes to portraying emotions of any kind that it almost pulls you right out of the show. And the whole super genius who makes the rest of the crew look sub intelligent because she's awesome is annoying as hell.

The other thing I noticed. The one thing that I really liked was at the first few episodes of the season they tried to flesh out the rest of the bridge crew, make them seem like more then cardboard cutouts, but last night they abandoned that. Frankly they could CGI people into the bridge doing Empire work and nobody would care.

To me what makes good episodic TV is that you can take the main plot point from start to end and it makes sense. The problem here is they've got a billion plot points, the Red Angel, Spocks insanity, the Klingons, section 31, Tilly's story line, Michael and her messed up family, all interspersing and then they throw more plot lines in. Its almost like the writers are just throwing flash cards at a sticky board and the ones that stick are that weeks episode.

Its almost like this series is actually written by Steven King with a concussion.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote