View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #1028
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I enjoyed last night's episode. I thought the translator virus was a great idea and I don't remember seeing it on Trek before. It makes sense that in a world of universal translators, no one would bother learning another language.

I'm pretty forgiving with Discovery and Trek in general. I just like it. But the Klingon makeup aggravates me. It's so bulky and disjointed. TNG created so many distinct races with some actual depth (sorry TOS), I don't know why the show runners thought they need to stray from it.

Hopefully we get a "new" faction of the Klingon Empire that follows the old/warrior ways and they go back to looking like Klingons should.

I actually cringed hard at the whole universal translator thing because I think it was a couple of weeks ago that they really emphasized the Federation Standard or common language. You would think that on a Federation Starship that you would have to be able to speak federation standard to prevent something like this from happening.

Out of that whole episode the translater thing really grated me the most, I don't know if they meant it to be comedy or what, but there were better ways to go.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote