View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #85
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Did they really build him as a bad ass?

One of the biggest differences I think between people who watched the OT as kids in the 80s, and those of us born after 1985 that didn't watch them until we were older is how we see Boba Fett.

Really Boba Fett is mostly just a pushover in those movies, he looked cool, and really his only success was tracking the Falcon to Cloud City (where Vader then did all the real bad ass stuff), and then going out like a chump in Returns.

He has four lines in Empire and none in Returns.

"As you wish."
"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."
"He's no good to me dead."
"Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold."

No real bad ass lines/moments in there to me and really his importance in the OT is completely over exaggerated.

IMO Phasma and Fett are identical. Both look cool but both are mostly irrelevant and completely pushovers when it comes down to their impact on the movie, and both have comedic deaths.
Yeah, I always just thought Boba Fett just caught on, because he looked cool and was kind of mysterious. He wasn't a very big part of TOS, but his fame grew throughout the expanded universe and fan fiction.

I actually did not like what they did with him in the prequels. In TOS Fett is a huge jerk, and totally ruthless. He has to be warned by Vader to tone it down. In the prequels they attempted to make him and his father out to be noble characters, who were just victims of circumstance. I didn't like that. Fett was a way cooler character as just kind of a jerk who went around doing jerk things.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote