View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 08:37 AM   #128
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
The other thing to look at when looking at e-scooters is that 100% of users right now are new users. Do jurisdictions with long term scooter use see these rates drop as people learn to use them better or does it remain high.

My anecdotal experience is that it isn’t more difficult than a bicycle but the statistics obviously this isn’t born out in the accident statistics.

Yes for sure. Ski accidents have dropped quite a bit, like 50%, in 30 years. I assume because people improve as does equipment and terrain and rules.

It's not like I'm saying we shouldn't do anything that involves risk. That's just dumb. People still smoking is a crazy comparison. When the Escooter lobby is worth several hundred billion dollars we can talk about that. We mitigate risk all the time. Escooters at this point are very risky and very costly to a publicly funded health system. We can wait around and do what other places do...limit the number of them, limit the hours they can be ridden, etc. Or just stumble around until we figure it out the hard way. I'm good either way.

Also, hardly anyone gets hurt in a car. You're likely to get in a car accident every 18 years. So what?
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote