View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 03:59 PM   #11896
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
I honestly think the the Darryl hiring happened when it happened because Brad was desperate to save this season as there was plenty of time left. Darryl saw a lot of good pieces and I think he thought he turn it around. He talked a lot about playing a different style with more urgency and made remarks about this team not just making the playoffs, but winning rounds. There’s no question in my mind that Brad and Darryl thought they could salvage the season. It might have happened too if not for that really really bad stretch in April. What was it 1 win 10 games or something like that? In a 56 game season, that’ll kill your season.
Well, I think the shoe was on the other foot. I don’t think the timing was Treliving’s choice, I think it was Sutter’s choice. he came back when he was ready. The Flames reportedly has been talking with him since as far back as Peters left the organization. The 3-4 week period after the 2020 season when the Flames had not announced who the coach was going to be also speaks to this, they wanted Sutter then. He definitely had kept a close eye on the team, I would bet. It was a slow burn and I bet he thought carefully about it. The timing and reasons were/are his decisions.

Last edited by TOfan; 05-08-2021 at 04:29 PM.