View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 03:48 PM   #11895
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
I find this hard to believe. I think he had a pretty good idea what he was getting into. Certainly more than the people on this forum.

I think what has happened is Sutter, and the Flames, knew full well that making the playoffs was a long shot at the time of his hire. I also think, in large part, Sutter was brought in to help determine who is going to stay and who is going to leave. This has been his window to ‘see what he has’. I don’t think Sutter came out of retirement to coach a rebuilding team, and I do think he sees something in this team that he believes he can win with.

Should be an interesting offseason.
I honestly think the the Darryl hiring happened when it happened because Brad was desperate to save this season as there was plenty of time left. Darryl saw a lot of good pieces and I think he thought he turn it around. He talked a lot about playing a different style with more urgency and made remarks about this team not just making the playoffs, but winning rounds. There’s no question in my mind that Brad and Darryl thought they could salvage the season. It might have happened too if not for that really really bad stretch in April. What was it 1 win 10 games or something like that? In a 56 game season, that’ll kill your season.