View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 03:14 PM   #18
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

I fell off from comics about two-three years ago as well.
At the end of the Cable & Deadpool run I think I was at the peak of the number of books I was picking up on a monthly basis. I think it was also right after that the wheels fell off of what I was reading. Whether it was my tastes changing, or just really disliking the new writers on all the books which seemed to happen at the same time. Daniel Way took over Deadpool and did everything in his power to turn the character into a one note joke with no depth of character or traits other than "Zany". Simon Furman left Transformers after being forced to close is arc early so they could transition into what I'd describe as a bunch of cartoon rehashing. Loeb got his filthy hooks into the Ultimate Universe and just ruined everything he could for the sake of ruining in. With those three just going off the rails, I started going to the shop less frequently and eventually fell behind on everything I was reading to the point I just stopped reading.

That said, with all the movie talk in my mind I recently picked up the final TPBs of the Deadpool Classics that I had been missing and decided to check in on where his writing is taking him these days. With the abomination that was Daniel Way's run on Deadpool being over and Posehn's run being as close to Kelly/Nicieza as you can hope, I am tempted to start going back in again on a monthly basis.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote