View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 12:43 PM   #5
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm not going to lie. I am hopelessly addicted to this game right now. I am on the Paradox forums, on fansites, and watching youtube videos whenever I can, just learning knew ideas and how other players solve issues. The game is seriously fun and the potential is huge. There are already thousands of player created buildings on Steam and dozens of awesome mods.

The only gripe I have with the game at this point is that it starts out with the primary challenge being just surviving the financial crunch. Balancing growth and budget is hard, but fun. After a while, however, the focus shifts to managing traffic, garbage, and services (primarily traffic though). Still lots of fun. At some point though, you get traffic under control and there isn't much of a challenge left. It would be cool if the player had to deal with sprawl issues, or gentrification, or decaying neighbourhoods. None of those issues really exist yet, but the game is only a couple of weeks old. Maybe that's a prime target for DLC?

Either way, I can't recommend this game enough as it is a ton of fun for the money. It really is everything that SimCity wasn't. My list of must-have mods:

- Mod that lets you change 2-way streets to one-way streets.
- Mod that allows you to lay large clumps of trees at once instead of individually.
- Mod that adjusts the amount of office space being requested (it gets a little silly)
- pre-made intersections. All of them.
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote