Old 09-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #38
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Peter Maher play by play = awesome

Peter Maher on general radio hosting = painful
Couldn't agree more. If you're ever looking to get absolutely loaded - have a shot of beer every time Peter says 'ahh' or 'umm' in a segment. Shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to start feeling it.

The Fan 960 has gone to ####. I moved to Calgary a little over 5 years ago and was very excited to have an all sports channel to tune into.

Used to really like the morning show. Probably have tuned in 20 or 30 times since Richards left, and for me there's nothing there to look forward to. Happy to listen to the same generic rock songs and pop culture rabble on the FM dial in the mornings.

Hated Rome from the get-go, but tried to give him a chance. His delivery drives me nuts and in general he just seems like an arrogant #######. Why would I give him my time?

Used to kind of enjoy the afternoon drive with whoever was doing it a few years ago. Hate it now. Aside from the insiders that call in, 960 has never had anyone local on in the afternoon that knows #### about the Eastern Conference. So maddening to hear them have an opinion that is based on a foundation of ignorance.

I've made a comment on Brynn in the other thread - opinion hasn't changed. Pat has steadily made me hate him more and more. I understand Brynn says dumb stuff and generally has no real opinion worth listening too. But the fact that Pat, his colleague and fellow 'professional' gets on the way he does blows my mind. These guy really need to record a couple of hours of their show and listen back in the night and hear how they sound. The show is so unprofessional it's a joke. I've tried so hard to listen to get some local sports talk, but I find myself just getting mad at the garbage they present and changing back to the FM crap.

Steinberg should be kept on Overtime and nothing else. Brynn should be moved to an off air role. I like hearing Kelly Kirsh or whatever his name is when he fills in. Rome will never be gone, but it sure would be nice if he was. The morning show guys should probably be moved around too.

The funny thing is the Fan 590 has really won me over. I love hockey central, Tim & Sid are hilarious and REALLY well produced. McCowan is what he is and if you can accept that, the show can be great. It's a pretty solid lineup all around. I thought I'd love TSN radio, but Bryan Hayes has made me hate that whole station. So Rogers CAN run a good radio station - maybe whoever has set up 590 can come do some mentoring here in Calgary.

Thank god for satellite radio and the TuneIn Radio app.
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote