View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #21
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
^ what did you find disgraceful about his olympic coverage? for myself, i did not listen to his coverage enough to form an opinion?
Early on in 2010 winter games when Canada was struggling and still hadn't won a gold medal he went on the fan and repeatedly chastised the athletes. He claimed that they weren't focused, only obsessed with celebrity endorsements, and hadn't trained hard enough to compete with the world. Keep in mind this is maybe three days into the games. The other hosts would tell him to calm down, that there was still a lot more games to be played. He refused to hear it and boldly claimed that Canada would have it's worse medal showing in recent memory.

People complained and wrote into the the fan demanding he be removed from the air, which I believe he later was. Why do you think this guy gets a challenged spot for air time and is almost never featured on any of the main programming? I could be wrong about this but I don't believe he contributed in this years summer games coverage on the fan at all.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote