View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #3424
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post

They had seven consecutive #1 albums in UK spanning 14 years and sold 70 million albums worldwide.

Sure, they also completely sucked ass from start to finish if you ask me, but they're massively successful and popular, and were (unfortunately) massively influential. What can you do, fans of classic rock have terrible taste. I mean you can still find people who will seriously tell you that something like Guns'n'Roses "totally rules".
It's funny how artists are perceived depending on where you live, isn't it? I just looked at their chart history. They had 23 top 10 songs in the UK, but only had 1 in the US (had 10 in Canada apparently though, mostly their later stuff, so not sure where that poster is coming from) They were a huge part of my teenage years. I liked them well enough but all my mates grew their hair out and starting learning to play the guitar. Fun times.

Reminds me of watching a one hit wonders show on the retro music video channel here recently and seeing The Corrs. And I'm thinking "how the hell can a band be a one hit wonder when I own their greatest hits album?!" but I guess they just didn't really make it to this side of the world.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote