View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 09:45 PM   #70
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Our dishwasher has been cleaning really poorly lately, and we are thinking of getting a new one. However, before we go new I want to make sure it's the actual dishwasher and not other things. Here are two issues I think we have that wouldn't change with a new dishwasher:

1 - The location of the dishwasher is just far away from the sink that we need two drain hose hoses to reach the sink pipes. I've always thought this probably greatly reduces performance as all the dirty water doesn't get fully pumped out, but I have no real evidence of this

2 - The location of the dishwasher is over an overhang extension on the house, so the floor is quite a bit colder under it than the rest of the kitchen. We even had the drain hose freeze last winter during a cold snap. Is there potential that the cold floor is preventing the water from getting hot enough in the dishwasher itself?

Curious what people think - is this a dishwasher problem or a location problem?

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
You get this figured out?
1. Excess drain length causes backpressure, water stagnation. Is it a problem? probably not so much except every couple of years clean the drain hose or replace. Also a solid HOT almost-empty load with vinegar will clean out the dishwasher and drain system.

2. Go to Home Depot and get some pipe insulation and wrap that line.. and throw down something to insulate under that area of the dishwasher. Easy enough. Depending on your dishwasher you likely have a built-in heater anyways.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post: