View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:10 AM   #981
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
If Mike is nothing more than a "security" guy for a drug lord, then I think that severely undermines his character in BB.

I also didn't feel any tension for Mike, a bit of a struggle but we already knew he'd do what he had to (he always does) and there was no crossing over.

I would have much preferred it if Gus wanted to let Werner live to continue construction because he needed his lab done on time and Mike was the one who insisted he kill Werner. That would have been powerful.

The problem is that, unlike Jimmy who is a very different character in BCS than he is in BB, Mike was basically the same guy right from the start. His life situation was a bit different, but little about his attitude or demeanor has changed since the start of BCS all the way to the end of BB. Doing a storyline showing his evolution to BB Mike only works if BCS Mike is fundamentally different.

I actually prefer the storyline from Gus' angle and seeing how the super lab was built. I definitely think Gould is bang on for that one. Seeing the behind the scenes of something that is rarely shown was cool.
Mike started the series as a lost man working in parking booth. He then evolved from taking contract work that he could refuse if he didn't agree with. Up until now, I wasn't sure he'd follow orders to kill a decent guy who he didn't think needed to be killed. It also revealed how he developed his mutual respect with Gus. Gus is ok with Mike questioning his orders and will consider his point of view, but Mike proved he would do what he's told even if he doesn't agree with it. Combined with origin story of the lab, I thought it was a strong arc.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post: