View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #1325
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampsx2 View Post
The city needs to have a look at this. This is not right. You can't put a house at arm's length away from an lrt platform. Those bells are loud when the arms come down. Not to mention the rumble from the train.

Whoever bought the house may have never lived in a big city before and not realized how loud it gets.

Calgary is actually a very well planned out city compared to any other in north america but this is quite bad.

I thought this would be a good time to quote my own post. I thought this would be a problem. Whoever zoned residential next to the lrt tracks really dropped the ball.

From 660 today

Property too close to LRT

Kaitlin Lee Aug 28, 2012 06:26:11 AM

A new LRT line in Martindale may be a little too close for comfort to a nearby house.

The home was bought out by the city in 2009 - after plans for the CTrain made clear it would be difficult to live there.

The train track is just three metres outside the home's kitchen window.

The track is so close in fact; one must turn sideways to get up the outside stairwell.

Evelyn Brown tells The Calgary Herald she used to live at the house on Martinvalley Place N.E. until she complained the track squandered her property value and invaded her privacy.

The city has bought out properties before, but very rarely because of their proximity to new infrastructure.
stampsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote