View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 11:08 PM   #2274
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Jeez. Tough crowd.

I thought it was an excellent episode. We see how much all the houses distrust each other due to years of backstabbing and how both Jon and Dany struggle to deal with it. We see the beginnings of civil war and houses picking sides. They've already spent a ton of time establishing the Maesters at the Citadel are smart but close minded, full of themselves and not open to new ideas and it is no surprise Sam found a cure given the resources.

I thought the Euron battle was great. Eleria is a logical gift since she murdered Myrcella.

Arya in the pub was great. She's like a grizzled war vet. The fact Nymeria recognized it was her but didn't want to join her was interesting. Because Arya has changed so much? Because she didn't keep loyalty and pushed her away back in S1?

What's Jorah gonna get up to? Will Sam get kicked out of the Citadel for being a free thinker and they'll meet up with Jon and Dany?

How will Dany take the Seven Kingdoms without spilling blood? What's she gonna do without the fleet sailing to King's Landing?
To be fair I thought the recounting of the Mad King and bits of history between the houses as well as the dragon skulls scene were riveting. There were highlights for sure. The war council in Dragonstone and Winterfell were interesting to see the dynamic/clashing between characters we're used to seeing apart from one another. Even if Sansa's whining/protesting annoys me greatly (ever since S1...)
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote