View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 11:42 PM   #4517
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

I will say that like most years, I get the reasoning behind a lot of Tre’s work of late.

Ward out for Sutter is an obvious upgrade.

All of Simon, Nordstrom, Leivo came here and underachieved in the mess they had last year. I actually think they could have done better with a full year of Sutter. But were all fairly non descript / non identity filler. Bennett and Ryan were not slotted well last year either. Obviously Sutter gave Bennett an expanded role and he responded, but other than coaching we can focus on the off season rather than TDL.

Coleman I expect to be good. He plays a hard honest game, brings speed and skill, and given the depth on RW should be an important player. Hopefully we see some upside with expanded opportunity like the Hudler acquisition

Biggest thing is that Tre actually figure out he needs a right winger. Way to go, Brad

Vladar I really like. Good to take advantage of a situation where Boston was goalie rich. I like what I have seen and think this could turn out very, very well

Ritchie plays a heavy game but utterly neutralized Gaudreau and Monahan, from inside the team. If Sutter keeps him bottom line, fine. Seems like a good guy. Just keep him the hell away from the top 6, ffs

Lewis, I guess for a 4th liner at league min, we can trust Sutter

Zadorov is big and mean and effective. But there is still a huge hole where Gio was. I see this team as one of the worst D corps if puck movement is important in any way

I’m really not sure what the plan is. If Sutter can do something with Andersson, great. I don’t know if Hanifin has another step, or if he simply is what he is.

I could see how a top 4 of Tanev Hanifin , Andersson Zadorov could be okay if all of the stars align, young guys take another step, and centers back check like dogs, but I really don’t see it as too good looking night in, night out for 82 games

Obviously Sutter’s fingerprints are all over this now, he clearly has a big voice. Looking forward to seeing what else gets done here

Last edited by DeluxeMoustache; 07-29-2021 at 11:47 PM.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote